22 Jun MY PADI. MY OCEAN. MY HOPE
At the moment PADI is running this new competition ‚My PADI‘, where divers tell their story about how diving changed their lives.
Reasons enough for me to do some research about diving and finding out why different people all over the world start changing their lives after their first breath underwater. Here are some of the reasons I found:
- Protecting our oceans: Masses of trash destroy the environment down there as well as ecological disasters. Most non divers don’t see what’s going on, that’s why they don’t care. As a diver the ocean is your second home and you want to protect it.
- Feeling free: There are so many people out there who had a stroke of fate and got back to their lives, because of diving. Underwater you don’t have to explain anything, it’s just you and the ocean.
- We are curious: Since Adam and Eve; we’ve been attracted to the unknown and want to try everything and see something new. That’s why we have such a smart world today and why people are attracted to scuba diving.
- You can breath underwater: Probably the most impressive thing about going diving – especially for beginners. But even after several dives and years of experience, divers are still fascinated.
- You can turn your passion into your job: And as you might know: If you have fun at work, it’s no longer work. The probability of becoming a professional soccer player or racing driver is far smaller.
- Escape: Diving is the perfect balance between the real world and some mystic place. After a stressful week, there’s nothing more relaxing than plunging into the blue and forgetting all the stuff that happened days before – at least for around 40-50 minutes!
There are millions of life changing stories all over the world, but if you never try you will never know what your own story is! What’s your My PADI story? Let us know in the comments below!