Prior to starting your PADI IDC with Blue Season Bali you will need to ensure that you have all the necessary equipment. Below is a list of the required equipment; if you do not have this then please let us know and we can arrange rental equipment for you. If you do rent as an option this is fine as you can purchase any equipment that you decided not to bring when you get here.
1. During all open water training dives, each student diver, certified assistant and instructor must have :
- fins, mask and snorkel
- compressed gas cylinder and valve
- buoyancy control device (BCD) (with tank mount or separate backpack) and low pressure inflator
- regulator and alternate air source
- submersible pressure gauge (monitoring device)
- depth gauge (monitoring device)
- weight system and weights (if necessary for neutral buoyancy)
- adequate exposure protection appropriate for local diving conditions
- at least one audible emergency surface signalling device (whistle, air horn, etc.)
2. During all open water training dives, instructors and certified assistants must also have a timing device, compass, knife/diver’s tool (except where prohibited by law or local regulations) and two surface signalling device – one audible (i.e., whistle, air horn, etc.) and one visual (inflatable surface tube, flare, signal mirror, etc.)
(Note: All the information above is from the current PADI General Standards and Procedures section of the PADI Instructor Manual.)
At Blue Season Bali we will supply you with tanks and weights throughout the course. If you wish to have equipment rental then please let us know and we will arrange for you. It’s a good idea to make sure you are familiar with your equipment prior to starting the Instructor course. At Blue Season Bali you can spend a week before the IDC going for dives and getting used to your equipment. This will give you a chance to work with our Instructors and brush up with your general diving skills.