To enrol in the PADI Drift Diver specialty in Bali you must be:
- A PADI Open Water Diver (or have a qualifying certification from another training organisation)
- At least 12 years old
As with all PADI courses we will get you to complete the Independent study prior to the course. For the Drift Diver Specialty course you will read the drift diving section from the Adventures in Diving manual, complete the knowledge review and have it checked by our Instructor when you arrive at our office.
After all the paperwork has been done we will depart for three dives. The course itself is only 2 dives but we provide you an extra free fun dive given the diving is so good!
- Planning, organisation, procedures, techniques, problems and potential hazards of drift diving
- An introduction to drift diving equipment — floats, lines, reels
- Buoyancy Control, navigation and communication for drift diving
- Site selection and overview of aquatic currents – causes and effects
- Techniques for staying close to a buddy or together as a group