Search and Recovery Diver
Have you ever dropped something in the water? Are you looking for lost “treasure”? The PADI Search and Recovery Diver Specialty course will teach you effective ways to find objects underwater and bring them to the surface. Small, large or just awkward, there is a way to bring them up. It’s fun to use a lift bag. Not only are these skills fun, but very practical and ultimately useful because eventually, you will lose something in the water. As a Search and Recovery Diver, you’ll know how to locate and recover it.
To take the PADI Search and Recovery Diver course, you must be:
- A certified PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or PADI Junior Advanced Open Water Diver
- A PADI Open Water Diver or PADI Junior Open Water Diver and a PADI Underwater Navigator (or equivalent certification from another organization)
- At least 12 years old
As with all PADI courses we will get you to complete the Independent study prior to the course. For the Search and Recovery Diver Specialty course you will read the Search and Recovery manual, complete the knowledge reviews and have them checked by our Instructor when you arrive at our office.
Day one, after all the paperwork has been done we will depart for two dives at Sanur. During the two dives you gain some great new skills.
Day two we will make another two dives. During these four search and recovery dives you’ll learn :
- Search and Recovery dive planning, organisation, procedures, techniques and how to deal with potential problems
- How to locate large and small objects using search patterns
- How to use a lift bag and other recovery methods
- Limited visibility search techniques
After the knowledge review and four open water training dives have been completed we will issue your PADI certification. You are now a PADI Search and Recovery Diver!
The PADI Search and Recovery course is done at Sanur where we have perfect conditions for searching for objects. As you can imagine we do not want to make things too easy by giving you great visibility. Sanur will provide you with a challenge so that you really learn the skills.