2 Month PADI Divemaster Internship
If you have already looked at our one month PADI Divemaster Internship then you may be asking yourself what is the difference between the one month internship and the two month internship. It’s a good question yet easy to answer. The two month Divemaster program adds many extras to the one month option including another whole month of diving experience and extra PADI specialty courses. If you are serious about working in the dive industry then the extra experience that you get with this two month option will make a big difference. Compared to the one month Divemaster Internship, the two month option gives you much more hands-on experience with real divers and student divers. In short – if you want to work as a PADI DM or PADI Instructor then the Divemaster Internship two month option is our minimum suggestion. The fee for the two-month Divemaster Internship covers everything you need for the two months in Bali, although there are some additional costs such as visas, etc. that you will need to know about before you come out to join us.
18 years old
A PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
A PADI Rescue Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
An Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (or qualifying first aid and CPR training from another organization) course completion within the past 24 months.
Have at least 40 dives to begin the course and 60 for certification.
Be fit for diving and submit a medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
If you do not meet the prerequisites for the PADI Divemaster Course, then we can help you get to that level.
During the Divemaster internship, we are able to add in PADI Rescue and EFR courses, Advanced Open Water and Open Water courses, according to your needs. As a Divemaster internship participant, you will receive the best rates for these courses : Once the Divemaster course kicks in, there are a number of course requirements that need to be met. The schedule normally follows a set pattern although some activities such as assisting with other PADI Courses will be dependent on the day-to-day schedule here in our Dive Centre. During the course you will be required to do a number of things which are expected of a functional Divemaster like assisting on courses, setting up and managing dive sites, organising deep dives, skill circuits and much, much more.
Download the PADI Medical Statement PDF here.
We don’t have any set start dates for our Divemaster internship programs, so you can start any day you like! The PADI Divemaster Internship in Bali has a really flexible schedule and works around the needs of your own development. Before we can get into the actual Divemaster training, there are a few prerequisites that are required. If you need to complete any of these prerequisite courses then we will do them at the beginning of your Divemaster Internship at greatly discounted rates. Once you begin the Divemaster course curriculum, you’ll start with a formal orientation which will introduce you to all the performance requirements of the Divemaster course. You’ll also get to understand the schedule that is in place to help you meet your goals in diving.
During the first month of the internships, you will be scheduled to do a number of things that any Divemaster may be called to do in a real working environment: like assisting on courses, supervising divers, giving dive briefings, executing rescue scenarios, and more. Once you begin the Divemaster course curriculum, you’ll start with a formal orientation which will introduce you to all the performance requirements of the Divemaster course. You’ll also get to understand the schedule that is in place to help you meet your goals in diving.
Normally, after one month and once you have met all the required course standards, you will apply to become a PADI Divemaster. Our Divemaster program focuses on providing you real life experiences so you are ready to be part of the diving industry. During the second month you will apply what you have learned with our day divers, working with student divers and guiding certified divers. This is where you really benefit with the two month Divemaster Internship. While our experienced instructional staff can work with you to help you understand the role of a Divemaster, it’s by actually going out with real divers that you’ll learn all the tricks of the trade.
The Divemaster Internships at Blue Season Bali include the following..
- All your PADI Divemaster materials
- PADI application fees for the Divemaster course.
- 5 PADI specialties to turn you into an eco-diver: Peak Performance Buoyancy, Oxygen Provider, Enriched Air Nitrox, Deep, Wreck
- All certifications and PADI manuals for the five Specialty diver courses.
- 2 months accommodation -All accommodation is located close to our dive centre and central Sanur.
- 2 months of unlimited Diving
- Master Scuba Diver certification and fees.
- PADI Instructor Manual (latest version).
- Visa Assistance – We will advise you on getting the right visa for your internship in Bali.
- Free wireless broadband Internet access is available in our Dive Centre.
- Return Transportation from Ngurah Rai International Airport in Denpasar, Bali.
- Discounts on SCUBA equipment including Aqualung, Suunto and Apeks.
- Diver Insurance – gives you security during your entire stay in Bali.
- Lunch and drinks – on all training days.
- Equipment rental – as a PADI Divemaster we expect you to have your own mask, snorkel, fins, boots and dive computer, compass, reel, dsmb and a knife or cutting tool.. If you don’t have any of these, we do offer discounted equipment as mentioned above. Our instructors will help you pick out the best gear to meet your needs in diving. During your internship, we will supply you with a BCD, regulator, wetsuit, tank and weights.