Tec Diving in Bali
Blue Season Bali is now offering Tec Diving Courses for all those divers who want to be challenged like never before. Tec diving takes experienced and qualified divers far deeper than normal recreational diving. Significantly more equipment and training are required to manage the additional hazards encountered in technical diving. Tec diving isn’t for everyone, but for those who hear its challenge call, the PADI TecRec courses that are available at Blue Season Bali will more than satisfy your curiosity,
The PADI Tec 40 course is where you transition from recreational scuba diving to technical diving .
The PADI Tec 45 course is the second part of the full PADI Tec Deep Diver program.
The third part of the full PADI Tec Deep Diver program is PADI Tec 50
The PADI Enriched Air Diver course is the most popular diver specialty course and the number of technical divers is on the rise, which means that lots of scuba divers want enriched air and gas blends.
The Tec Deep Instructor internship is your step into professional Technical Diving. Learn to teach your favourite PADI Tec Diving Courses in the world’s most diverse marine habitat- Indonesia – Bali.
WHAT IS TEC DIVING
Tec diving is defined as diving other than conventional commercial or research diving that takes divers beyond recreational scuba diving limits. It is further defined as and includes one or more of the following:
- Diving beyond 40 meters
- Required stage decompression
- Diving in an overhead environment beyond 40 linear meters
- Accelerated decompression and or the use of variable gas mixtures during the dive.
So you think you want to go Tec? Before we can start with technical diver training, you need to meet the prerequisites for the tec diving internship that you are after. If you don’t currently meet the prerequisites for tec diving training, no worries. We can conduct all preceding courses to help you meet your tec diving goals.
Not tec diver certified, yet? We have the PADI Tec 40, Tec 45 and Tec 50 diver-level courses
Already a Tec Diver?
- Train and earn your PADI Tec Deep Instructor
- And/or get great experience by executing technical dives with our technical exploration team.
PADI Tec Diving prerequisites vary depending on the tec internship you are taking. For the Tec Diving Complete which takes you from a non Tec diver through to the PADI Tec 50 rating, you should be at least:
- A PADI Advanced Open Water Diver
- A PADI Rescue Diver
- A PADI Enriched Air Diver
- Have a minimum of 100 logged dives, of which:
- 20 dives must be enriched air dives
- 25 dives must be deeper than 18 meters/60 feet
- at least 20 dives must be deeper than 30 meters/100 feet
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a medical statement signed by your physician within the last 12 months
Again, if you do not meet these prerequisites then we can put together a customised technical diving internship just for you. Let us know where you are and where you want to go with technical diving and we can help you get there. For a custom technical diving internship, please just email us now with your current diving information, if any.
To enrol in the PADI Tec Deep Instructor Training Course, you must
- Be a renewed PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (or a PADI Instructor with a higher rating)
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Instructor, or have successfully completed a PADI Enriched Air Instructor training course.
- Be a PADI Deep Diver Specialty Instructor or have successfully completed a PADI Deep Diver Specialty Instructor Training course.
- Have a minimum of 100 logged dives where at least 20 dives were made with enriched air nitrox, 25 dives were deeper than 18 meters/ 60 feet and at least 15 dives were deeper than 30 meters/ 100 feet.
In order to finish the Tec Instructor internship which takes you from a Tec 50 diver through to the PADI Tec Deep Instructor rating, you should be at least:
- PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer (MSDT)
- PADI Enriched Air Diver Specialty Instructor
- PADI Deep Diver Specialty Instructor
- PADI Tec Deep Diver
- 270 logged dives – at least 25 stage decompression dives deeper than 40 meters/130 feet
- Certified at least 10 PADI Deep Divers and/or PADI Enriched Air Divers.
- Assisted with two PADI Tec Deep Diver courses.
- Successfully completed the Tec Deep Instructor Standards, and Theory and Practical Application exams within 12 months of application.
- Met the Peer Review water skill requirements listed on the PADI Tec Deep Instructor Application as verified by a PADI Tec Deep Instructor or PADI Instructor with another qualifying rating.
Many technical diving students are scuba diving professionals or instructors looking to advance their personal diving skills. It is a natural progression for a technical diver who is also an instructor to stick around and earn the experience and knowledge it takes to become a qualified PADI Tec Deep instructor.
TEC DIVING INTERNSHIP AT BLUE SEASON BALI!
Blue Season Bali offers PADI/DSAT Tec Diving Internships for those divers who want an adventure like no other. Tec diving internships at Blue Season Bali take experienced and qualified divers far deeper than normal recreational diving which involves significantly more equipment and training. Tec diving is not intended for everyone. However, if you are up to the challenge, custom PADI TecRec internships are available with our Technical diving team here at Blue Season Bali. If you are looking for the PADI Tec 40, Tec 45 and Tec 50 diver level courses, or if you are already a Tec Diver and want to earn your PADI Tec Deep Instructor rating then we have an internship for you. Even if you just want to gain experience doing Technical dives with an active Technical diving and exploration team, you have found your Tec diving home!
We have three main Technical Diving Internship options although we are happy to make custom internships to suit your needs. With our Tec Diving internships we find that most people come at varying stages of their diving education; we are here to help you meet your goals in Technical diving.
- PADI “Get Ready for Tec Diving” Internship
- PADI “Tec Diving Complete” Internship (Tec 40, Tec 45 and Tec 50)
- PADI “Tec Diving Instructor” Internship (Deep Tec Instructor)
For more information on each Technical diving internship, please contact us.
For each of our PADI Tec Diving Internships, we include all the PADI TecRec training materials required to complete the Tec internship, at no extra charge to you. You also get the comfort of knowing we’ll pick you up at the airport. We also throw in accommodation, all PADI fees, Tec fun diving, and diving insurance during your Tec diving internship. These internships are all inclusive so you do not have to pay anything other than the listed price. You just focus on learning and developing into a competent, confident Technical diver. We handle the rest. Obviously, our different Tec diving internships have different prices. Your price will also vary depending on your current level of dive training. We’re happy to provide a personalised PADI Tec Diving internship to suit your specific Tec diving needs. Please contact us for a custom quote.
We have completely flexible start and end dates for your technical diving internship. Our technical instructional and exploration team follow a weekly schedule which keeps programs organized, but allows for flexibility in technical diver training. Where you are on each day depends on the technical diving internship which suits your experience and goals. For more information about your PADI Tec Diving Internship in Bali please contact us.
18 years of age
A mature, responsible person who will follow procedures strictly and faithfully
Medically fit for Tec diving
Prepared to accept extra risks that Tec diving presents
An experienced diver with at least 100 logged dives
Certified as a PADI Rescue Diver
PADI Enriched Air Diver and certified as a PADI Deep Diver.