Then you really should use your days off/free time to explore the wonderful places of Bali. Therefore, I have prepared a couple of tips on how you can spend your days around Sanur (without having too long to drive) and I promise you won’t be disappointed. I have designed two different programs for you – depending on whether you are up for adventure, or need a relaxing day out – have a look and let me know what you think!
Today is the day for adventure! If you want to experience the Indonesian culture as well as the beautiful nature of Bali, then these plans will make you happy!
- Start your day right and go to one of the best breakfast places Sanur offers! In my opinion the Bread Basket is always a good choice to get the necessary power for an activity day.
- Grab your scooter and drive to the “Puseh Batuan Temple“. The temple is simply amazing and definitely worth a visit. This temple is one of the oldest temples in Bali and is located just outsideof Ubud – so you can expect it to take around 30 minutes from Sanur.
- From there you can go directly to the Hidden Canyons (Strictly speaking there are three canyons). After you have paid the entrance fee, a guide will lead you through the “Hidden Canyons” (they are not called “hidden” for no reason). You will climb up canyons, go through waist deep water and try to get on the top of Liane. You may even leave the Canyons feeling like Tarzan (or Jane as the case may be).
- Afterwards you can drive home and fill your empty stomachs with the “real” Indonesian kitchen. The night market is the best choice, it is an area with a lot of different food stands offering Nasi Goreng, Nasi Campur, Bakso, etc. You should dare and try out food you have never seen before.
I really, really need a break! Are you feeling like “I just want to relax, clear my mind and enjoy my day”? No problem, I have the perfect plans for you too:
- Start your day with a really, really good breakfast at “Maya’s Coffee & Smoothie Bar“. You can enjoy among other delicious dishes: Porridge topped with berries, Omelettes, Pancakes and Sandwiches. Actually everything is good there!
- Yoga, Yoga, Yoga. The best place for Yoga in Sanur is definitely “Power of Now Oasis” located at the Mertasari beach. They have a excellent class schedules and it doesn’t matter if you are a beginner or an advanced yogi. Yoga lovers can choose between Hatha Flow, Vinyasa Flow and Bali Yoga in the morning as well as in the evening.
- Finish your day with a massage at “Cosmo Spa“, my personal favourite is the “Bali Massage”.